Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia (BTAA) training courses
Minimum number of participants for each course: 18
ATHENS – Seminar dates for Bowtech in English
|Modules 1 & 2||04.09. – 07.09.20|
|Modules 3 & 4||11.12. – 14.12.20|
|Modules 5 & 6||12.03. – 15.03.21|
|Module 7||11.06. – 14.06.21|
|Advanced SP1 a & b||14.11. – 15.11.20|
|Master’s SP2 a & b||16.01. – 17.01.21|
|Sotai Exercise for Bowtech Practitioners||05.12. – 06.12.20|
|The Secret Life of Fascia – John Wilks||—|
Anatomy / Physiology / Pathology / First Aid
|For our online Anatomy / Physiology / Pathology course in Greek please visit www.labidea.gr|
|First Aid||19.12. – 20.12.20|
THESSALONIKI – Seminar dates for Bowtech in English
|Modules 1 & 2||18.09. – 21.09.20|
|Modules 3 & 4||04.12. – 07.12.20|
|Modules 5 & 6||25.02. – 28.02.21|
|Module 7||06.05. – 09.05.21|
|Advanced SP1 a & b||02.10. – 03.10.20|
|Master’s SP2 a & b||04.10. – 05.10.20|
|Sotai Exercise for Bowtech Practitioners||10.10. – 11.10.20|
|Practioner’s course (P.T.C.)||–|
BASIC SEMINARS with instructor Alexandra Antoniou
Module 1 & 24 days - 32 hours
- Basic relaxation procedures (lumbar, thoracic and cervical spine), headache, shoulder girdle/upper arm and hamstrings procedures.
Module 3 & 44 days - 32 hours
- Temporomandibular joint, elbow, wrist, pelvis, sacrum, knee, ankle, plantar fascia, hallux valgus, ankle, seated Bowtech, colic and asthma (for infants) procedures.
Module 5 & 64 days - 32 hours
- Specialized shoulder girdle/upper arm, breast, chest, gall bladder, bursitis, coccyx, perineum, piriformis muscle, nocturnal enuresis procedures
Module 74 days - 32 hours
- Revision, evaluation & assessment.
Following requirements are necessary for obtaining the Bowtech Proficiency Diploma issued by BTAA*, and becoming a member of the local Bowtech Practitioners’ Association:
- Completion of Module 7 (128 hours minimum)
- Successful completion of written and practical assessments during Module 7
- A recognized qualification (100 hours) in Anatomy and Physiology (excluded are doctors, nurses and physiotherapists)
- A current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Handing in of 10 case studies. The case studies must be submitted in electronic form, written in Word, Times New Roman font, size 12, standard page layout (2.54 cm left / right margins & 3.18 cm left, text approximately 600 words.
* If the time span between modules 1 – 7 or between module 7 and the completion of the requirements for obtaining the diploma (anatomy, first aid) exceeds 12 months, a revision of the last module attended is required, before attending the next module or before receiving the diploma. This revision has a 20% discount on tuition fees.
Being a member of the local Bowtech Practitioners’ Association will enable you to be listed on the local association site and participate at “Advanced” and “Master’s” optional courses. In order to maintain your association membership, it is obligatory to attend a 2-days course once a year, or a 4-days course every two years for preserving Bowtech’s accuracy.
GRADUATE SEMINARS with instructor Alexandra Antoniou (optional)
These seminars are designed to deepen the understanding of applying Bowtech procedures in specialized areas of interest.
Module 82 days - 16 hours
Practioner’s course (P.T.C.)
- New procedures, protocols, procedure combinations and asessment tests for chronic disease.
Module 92 days - 16 hours
Advanced Course Special Procedures (SBP1a)
- At least 9 months after graduating module 7
- New procedures.
Module 102 days - 16 hours
- Advanced Course Special Procedures (SBP1b)
- At least 6 months after module 9
- Revision, new procedures and assessment to obtain the Advanced Diploma.
Module 112 days - 16 hours
Master’s Course Special Procedures (SBP2a)
- At least 6 months after module 10
- New procedures.
Module 122 days - 16 hours
- Master’s Course Special Procedures (SBP2b)
- At least 6 months after module 11
- Revision, new procedures and assessment to obtain the Master’s Diploma.
In order to maintain membership with BTAA and/or the Bowtech Association of Greece, it is obligatory to attend a module 5 & 6 seminar every three years after module 12 graduation, in order to ensure the accuracy of Bowtech – The Original Bowen Technique.
SEMINARS ENDORSED BY ΒΤΑΑ (optional)
The Secret Life of Fascia
Αthens, 30 & 31 May 2020 • 09:00 – 17:00 • Cost: €250
This course concentrates on encouraging an increased sensitivity to responses during treatment, and an understanding of what those responses mean in terms of treatment possibilities.
Prerequisites for participants:
Module 7, financial Member of local Bowtech Association
He has been practicing the Bowen Technique and Craniosacral Therapy full time since 1995. He was accredited by the Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia to teach the Bowen Technique in 1999 and has since then, taught in many countries throughout the world. He was awarded a lifetime membership of the Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia in 2004.
He is the author of 6 books. His DVD set Applying the Bowen Technique was released in 2008 and his Understanding the Bowen Technique DVD was released in 2010.
SOTAI EXERCISE for Bowtech Practitioners
Sotai was originally created by Japanese physician Keizo Hashimoto, to support the patients’ needs for corrective exercise. As a supplement to the Bowtech treatment, Sotai exercise can be easily incorporated into everyday life. It can assist patients in accepting responsibility for their health by becoming more active between therapy sessions and provides a firm foundation for present and future wellbeing.
Applying the Bowtech “less is more” principle to exercise therapy, Sotai is easy to learn and effortless to utilize. Most importantly, it can be used by patients as a simple home remedy to alleviate musculoskeletal disorders, and restore fascial elasticity in order to release tension, improve organ function and restore health and equilibrium.
SOTAI EXERCISE for Bowtech Practitioners2 days- 16 hours Continuing Education
Cost includes detailed videos, seminar notes on USB Flash Drive and Certificate of Participation
- 2 day seminar on techniques to:
- reduce pain by correcting structural imbalancesreduce pain by correcting structural imbalances,
- enhance dynamic stability, flexibility, range of motion and mobility,
- increase muscle strength,
- increase recovery speed,
- improve functional performance,
- improve kinaesthetic responsiveness.
To guarantee your participation, a deposit of 100€ should be paid to our office 4 weeks prior to seminar commencement. In case of cancellation less than 3 weeks prior to the seminar the deposit is non refundable. The remainder of the seminar fees must be balanced on the first day of the seminar.
Requirements for attending Bowtech seminars:
- Short cut nails
- Comfortable clothing and shorts or bathing suit
- Two big towels
- A notebook
- A healthy attitude!
Courses start at 09:00 and finish at 17:00 (with two coffee breaks and a lunch break).
The seminar dates are subject to change in case of force majeure or if the minimum number of participants is not reached, in which case, the organizer will inform the participants in due time (at least one month in advance).
It is expected that students and staff will respect the privacy of other individuals in the educational setting. Consequently, telephone calls and the secret recording (audio or video) of classes is prohibited.
For more information please contact Alexandra Antoniou at:
Tel.: (0030) 6946898974